FPE Unveils New John Bryan Display
The Department of Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) at the University of Maryland is pleased to announce a new display dedicated to the late Dr. John L. Bryan, professor emeritus and founding chair of the department. Bryan’s family donated the collection of awards, photos and mementos.
Items in the display currently include (clockwise, from top left):
- NFPA Standards Medal, 2005
- Honorary Member of SFPE, 1993
- A photo of the fire station in Stillwater, OK, where Prof was a member while attending Oklahoma State University
- Paul C. Lamb Award, NFPA, 1986
- John J. Ahern President’s Award, SFPE, 2013
- Lifetime service award from NFPA, 2004
- Chair of Standards Council, NFPA, 1991
- Memorial Service Program, 2014
The display can be viewed in FPE main office suite, located in Room 3106 of the J.M. Patterson Building during regular business hours.
Published April 10, 2015