Seeking a Dynamic Engineering Career?
Attend an Information Session to learn about our unique program!
UMD offers the only ABET-accredited undergraduate program in Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) in the world! FPE students use predictive modeling, innovative building and product design, risk analysis, human behavioral studies and other engineering methods to protect people from fire. The field is experiencing explosive growth in the job market and our graduates are eligible for opportunities in exciting careers all over the world.
When and where are the information sessions?
Information sessions are a full two hour program (advanced registration required). We hold sessions during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. An RSVP is required to attend. Each Information Session will consist of the same material, so you only need to attend one. Current high school students, undergraduates, community college students and their families are welcome to attend.
Upcoming Information Sessions (Hybrid format)
- Monday, April 3, 4:30 - 6:30 PM (EST)
- Wednessday, June 28, 4:00 - 6:00 PM (EST)
Follow this link to register for an in-person or virtual information session
What will you do at an information session?
- Watch demonstrations of fire research and take a tour of the lab spaces
- Talk with current students and meet uniquely collaborative faculty
- Learn how to join the only ABET-accredited Fire Protection Engineering program in the world
- Learn more about the field and career options
- Get an inside look at an engineering major
Questions? Please send an email to: email@example.com
Can't make any of the upcoming information sessions? We invite you to visit the department on a date convenient to you for a personalized information session! During the fall and spring semesters, student shadow visits are also available where prospective students can shadow a current FPE major in a fire protection engineering class. Email us to schedule a visit to the department at firstname.lastname@example.org.