The Curriculum Advisory Committee (CAC) of the Department of Fire Protection Engineering was formed in 1999, with the stated goals as follows:
"The overall goal of this committee is to provide authoritative focus to ensure that the knowledge and skills taught in the FPE curricula meet the present and future expectations of employees and students alike. The objectives include establishing a uniform and focused method to track recommendations, assessments of existing and proposed curriculum changes, recommendations of new courses and their content, and ensuring top-notch academic standards.”
- Chris Jelenewicz, P.E., Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- Amy J. Murdock, P.E. Code Consultants, Inc.
- Mark Aaby, Koffel Associates, Inc.
- Alyson J. Blair, GHD
- Adam Boussouf, AcuTech
- Matthew I. Chibbaro, P.E., National Institutes of Health
- Daniel Gorham, NFPA
- Brian S. Grove, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, Fire Research Laboratory
- Gerald A. Haynes, P.E., Vice President, Forensic Fire Analysis, LLC
- Erica Kuligowski, National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Renato R. Molina, P.E., Jensen Hughes
- Thomas Platt
- Jack Poole, P.E., Poole Fire Protection, Inc.
- Mark Henry Salley, P.E., U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission
- Eric R. Schmidt, P.E., Member-At-Large
- Joseph A. Simone, P.E., Naval Facilities Engineering Command
- Alex L. Szachnowicz, P.E., Anne Arundel County Board of Education
- Stacy N. Welch, P.E., Marriott International, Inc.
- Jennifer Zaworski, JENSEN HUGHES
Liaison and Industry Associates
- Carli Follett, P.E. - (alternate to Stacy Welch), Marriott International, Inc.
- Kenneth Hamburger, P.E. (alternate to Mark Henry Salley), U.S. NRC, Office of Nuclear Regulatory Research
- William E. Koffel , P.E. (alternate to Mark Aaby), Koffel Associates, Inc.
- Stephen Kerber (industry representative), Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
- Daniel J. O’Connor (corresponding associate), Aon Fire Protection Engineering
- Andrew Poole, P.E. (alternate to Jack Poole), Poole Fire Protection
- Andrew Roberts, P.E. - (alternate to Matt Chibbaro), University of Maryland Fire Marshal
- Howard R. Baum, Research Professor
- Marino diMarzo, Ph.D., Professor
- Michael J. Gollner, Ph.D, Associate Professor
- Kenneth Isman, P.E., Clinical Professor
- André W. Marshall, Ph.D., Associate Professor and Director, FireTEC
- James A. Milke, Ph.D., P.E., Professor and Chair
- Steven M. Spivak, Ph.D. (also Active Member), Professor Emeritus
- Peter B. Sunderland, Ph.D., Professor
- Stanislav I. Stoliarov, Ph.D., Professor
- Arnaud Trouvé, Ph.D., Professor
- David M. Banwarth, P.E., David M. Banwarth Associates, LLC (DBMA)
- David J. Icove, Ph.D., P.E., University of Tennessee, Dept of Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
- Steven M. Spivak, Ph.D., Professor Emeritus
Administrative Support and Contacts
- Christine O'Brien, Program Management Specialist