The Fire Education and Research (FIRE) Center was established by the Department in 2003 as a membership organization. Fire Center membership provides an opportunity for a strategic partnership between your corporation and the Fire Protection Engineering program that satisfies the mission of both partners.
For the Fire Center member, this program provides your corporation unique access to the intellectual capital (students, faculty and research) of the department while also serving as a gateway to campus research collaborations, access to laboratories, and intellectual property licenses. The high visibility of Fire Center members creates recognition by students, faculty and the departmental community of your commitment to fire protection engineering education at the University of Maryland.
Funds generated through the program support scholarships, student activities, competitions, awards, conferences and other programs that directly benefit students and faculty.
The benefits of your $15,000 membership include:
Premium Student Recruitment and Student Engagement Opportunities
- Prime placement at the annual FPE Career Fair and guaranteed inclusion in information session
- First choice for scheduled dates and location for on-site interviewing and presentations to FPE students
- An exclusive, well-publicized company information session targeted to FPE students
- Opportunity to interact with FPE students at various events during the academic year
Involvement in Education and Research
- Provide a guest speaker for FPE student courses in professional development
- Serve as guest lecturer in FPE courses of strategic interest to your corporation
- Explore research collaborations with faculty and attend research showcase events
- Host an event on company’s site for FPE alumni with the department chair and/or other faculty for local companies; host event in departmental space for companies outside of the area.
Named sponsorship of undergraduate scholarships
- Invitation to attend the annual Clark School Scholarship Luncheon with your scholarship recipients
- Corporate name appears on all scholarship announcements (print and online)
Visibility and Recognition
- Large corporate logo included on exclusive recognition wall in the Department’s office suite
- Corporate video screening in the Department’s office suite
- Your corporate name on print and online newsletters, publications, invitations and signage
- Opportunity to list the Department of Fire Protection Engineering on your corporate website as an educational partner
Special Invitations & Networking
- The Corporate Partners Program serves as a gateway to research collaborations, intellectual property licensing, and access to laboratories and specialized equipment
The FIRE Center
The department is grateful to our Fire Education and Research (FIRE) Center members for their generous support. The FIRE Center recognizes corporations and organizations that support the department’s educational mission philanthropically.
Provide significant support to students and faculty and receive unique access to the intellectual capital of the department.
Provide generous support to the department.
- ADS System Safety Consulting, LLC
- Boeing Company
- Burns & McDonnell
- Code Consultants, Inc.
- EBL Engineers, LLC
- JM Cholin Consultants
- Koffel Compliance
- Reliable Automatic Sprinkler Co.
- SFPE Chesapeake Chapter
Collaborate with our Faculty
FPE faculty members are experts in a broad array of pressing research areas who collaborate extensively with colleagues in industry, government, and academia. The department is also home to world-class research institutes and centers.
Meet Our FacultyExplore FireTEC
Hire a Student
The Engineering Co-op & Career Services Office assists employers in filling co-op, internship, summer or part-time positions with talented engineering students. Together with the University Career Center, we also assist employers in finding candidates for full-time, permanent employment.
Become a Charitable Donor
Donate to the department to invest in the education of our students and the success of our faculty and research staff.
Give to FPE