FPE student papers accepted at Combustion Symposium
The UMD Department of Fire Protection Engineers was represented by five PhD students - Eric Link (PhD Candidate), Sebastian Vilfayeau (graduated PhD), Lin Jiang (visiting PhD candidate), Wei Tang (PhD candidate), and Ajay Singh (graduated PhD) - at the 36th International Symposium on Combustion, which took place July 31 - August 5, 2016, in Seoul, Korea. Each student had a paper accepted by the Symposium, and all will be published in the Proceedings of the Combustion Institute. The students are advised by Professors Arnaud Trouve, Andre Marshall, Peter Sunderland and Michael Gollner.
The papers are as follows:
- E.D. Link, S.J. Jordan, T.M. Myers, P.B. Sunderland, and A.W. Marshall. Spray Dispersion Measurements of a Sprinkler Array. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 36.
- S. Vilfayeau, T. Myers, A.W. Marshall and A. Trouve, Large eddy simulation of suppression of turbulent line fires by base-injected water mist. Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 36.
- Jiang, L., Miller, C.H., Gollner, M.J., Sun, J., Sample Width Effects on Horizontal Flame Spread Over a Thin PMMA Surface, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 36.
- Tang, W., Miller, C.H. and Gollner, M.J., Local Flame Attachment and Heat Fluxes in Wind-Driven Line Fires, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 36.
- Singh, A.V. and Gollner, M.J., Steady and Transient Pyrolysis of a Non-charring Solid Fuel Under Forced Flow, Proceedings of the Combustion Institute 36.
Published October 26, 2016