The Department wishes to provide transparency and communicate in an effective and timely fashion regarding the COIVD-19 pandemic. If you have questions not answered below, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to answer to the best of our ability.
Please observe the following:
- 3106 JMP will be kept locked; unplanned drop-ins are strongly discouraged. Requests for 1:1 meetings should be made in advance. It is at the discretion of the Department Staff Member to deny entry to any visitor, planned or unplanned.
- If you must drop-in, a faculty or staff member will be available to see you based on the day's rotation.
- Please practice social distancing at all times within the FPE suite.
- Masks are required for all visitors (exceptions will be made for those with justifiable health issues, but please provide medical documentation prior to arrival at the suite).
- Those who visit in person should ring the bell and are required to scan a QR code upon entering and exiting the suite for contact tracing purposes.
- Genereal information regarding who will be in the office, and when, will be provided on this website. Specific availability will be updated weekly and posted on the suite front door. Changes in availability *may* be included in the Weekly Fire Drill newsletter sent to all enrolled students and those who have opted in.
- In-person ENFP course office hours will be managed by the faculty member of the course. Please follow their procedures to sign up to attend/get information to virtually attend these hours.
- When arriving for in-person ENFP course office hours, the faculty member will be expecting you, but be prepared to ring the bell for entrance into the suite.
- For Undergraduate Students: Since the first 2 weeks of the fall 2020 semester will be conducted virtually, no in-person office hours will be held at that time.
- For Graduate Students: The first 2 weeks of classes will be held as scheduled. In-person office hours will begin Monday, August 31.
*Please note: In accordance with 4Maryland health requirements, and to maintain 50% capacity for all indoor spaces, faculty and staff members have the right to refuse entrance to the FPE suite for appointements or unscheduled drop-ins.
- The FPE Business Office Staff will rotate in-office availability daily.
- Fernando Raffan-Montoya (lab coordinator) will be on campus Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Nicole Hollywood, will offer virtual drop-in hours, announced each week in the weekly Fire Drill.
- Sebastian Chai-Onn will host prospective students virtually by appointment.
Faculty Member Schedule:
All faculty members and staff are answering email and will provide a timely response to questions, or requests for meetings.
*For virtual drop-in hours, please follow this link to the faculty and staff member schedule.
- Free testing is available to all students, faculty and staff members at the University Health Center.
- A negative test result is required within 2 weeks of returning to campus. Visit return.umd.edu for further information.
- We want to keep everyone as safe as possible, so please: wear a mask (free masks available), wash your hands and practice social distancing.
*If someone who has recently visited the FPE suite and/or lab(s) tests positive for COVID, inform the faculty/staff member available and the business office staff immediately (Christine O'Brien and Brian Sullivan). Follow this link for clean-up procedures as advised by the CDC.