FPE Information Sessions for Prospective & Transfer Students
Do you want to protect life from fire… no matter where that is?
Fire Protection Engineering (FPE) is the only ABET-accredited undergraduate program in the world! FPE students use predictive modeling, innovative building and product design, risk analysis, human behavioral studies and other engineering methods to protect people from fire. The field is experiencing explosive growth in the job market and our graduates are eligible for opportunities in exciting careers all over the world.
When and where are the Information Sessions?
Information Sessions are a full two hour program. They are not on a drop-in basis. We hold three sessions during the Fall semester and two sessions during the Spring semester . Each Information Session will consist of the same material, so you need only to attend one. Current high school students, undergraduates, community college students, and their families are welcome to attend. The Fall 2017 Information Session dates are as follows:
- Saturday, March 4th from 9:00am - 11:00am
- Saturday, April 1st from 1:00pm - 3:00pm
- Thursday, April 13th from 3:00pm - 5:00pm
The Fire Protection Information Sessions are held on the University of Maryland College Park campus, in the Fire Protection Engineering suite, 3106 J.M. Patterson Building.
- UMD Campus Map (pdf)
- Google Campus Map
- Visitor Parking Maps (pdf)
- About Our Digital Parking Pay Stations
What Will You Do at An Information Session?
- Watch demonstrations of fire research and take a tour of the lab spaces
- Talk with current students and meet uniquely collaborative faculty
Why Attend an Information Session?
- Learn how to become a part of the only ABET-accredited Fire Protection Engineering program in the world
- Learn more about the field and career options
- Get an inside look at an engineering major